Friday, August 29, 2008

Ballons

The brightly colored Helium gas filled balloons floating around a candy stall caught my eyes, as I walked past after dinner at a shopping mall some Friday nights ago. Immediately I thought of getting a couple for my twin nephews. Imagine how thrill they would be!

So I stopped by to check with the stall keeper if those balloons were on sale. Indeed they were. Excellent!

"How much each?" I asked.

"Sixty." She replied.

"What?!" I could not believe what I just heard.

"Six-zero?" I confirmed.

She nodded, smilingly.

"That's pretty steep, isn't it?" I said to stall keeper, which was an absolute understatement. What actually on my mind, I didn't think it was appropriate to tell her.

She nodded again, this time sheepishly.

What was actually on my mind that I wanted to say to her?

"What? Are you high on something? Or do you think I'm high on something that you can charge me such an atrocious price for a bloody balloon?"

I couldn't say that to her, could I?

I walked away.

No comments: