Friday, October 31, 2008

Note to Self

Friday evening.

I dragged my sorry ass into the locker room after an hour of twisting and stretching and balancing in the yoga class. A quick splash under the shower I went into the sauna room.

It was relatively crowded than usual. I grabbed a spot next to the door. Just as I sat down, the door opened, four young chaps came in.

They fucking left the door opened.

What a bunch of idiots!

I stood up and slammed the door shut. Then gave them a nasty look. I hoped they got the message.

They neither apologized for leaving the door opened nor thanked me for closing the door.

Moments later the door opened again. In came another 2 guys.

They fucking left the door opened.

Another bunch of idiots!

Again, I stood up and slammed the door shut. Then gave them a nasty look. I hoped they got the message.

Well, this time around at least they were apologetic.

These two little incidents over ten minutes got me riled up pretty good.

Then I realized it was Friday evening. What was the point of getting irked by a bunch of stupid strangers? Where was the negative energy coming from? Why was I running on such a short fuse?

I could have just closed the door with a smile just as easily, and be done with it.

Note to self: Don't get mad at the morons, there are just too many of them around.

No comments: