Sunday, November 14, 2010

Magic Power

It sounds cliche, lame even: you don't know how much you miss and appreciate something (or someone) until you lose it. The constant bombardment of the big city life excitement numbs our senses to savour the simplest thing. Along the way in our quest for the next level of thrill, we take things for granted, consciously and unconsciously.

Recently I was relocated to Africa. Things that were accessible to me previously in a snap of the fingers now are challenging, to say the least to obtain. Case in point, peanut butter-nutella-banana sandwich never tasted so good before. That was the highlight of my week. And, I got milk yesterday. So last night, I was so very looking forward to my banana cereal breakfast this morning.

The magical power of the simplest thing in life, treasure it.

No comments: