Monday, January 09, 2012

Cold Welcome to Beijing

A last minute curve ball threw off delayed my departure of my second trip back to my motherland. So the plan of partying hard along Beijing street, ushering in 2012 with style and booze was down the drain.

Gutted. Utterly gutted.

Finally I traveled on Jan 2. I snapped this from the plane as we approach Beijing. The snow covered mountains, all white, such a picturesque sight to behold.

It was -6 degree Centigrade, windy and foggy when we walked out of the airport, about 3 pm in the afternoon. It was so so cold. I could feel my digits numbing, my ears and my nose frosting up, possibly falling off any minute.

I wondered if I could survive reveling on the Beijing streets on that new years eve night. Sometimes things happen for a reason. Usually, a good one at that too.

No comments: