Thursday, August 01, 2013

Ready to Crumble

During one of my stay-over weekends in Bangkok with A and LS, I was tasked to make dessert for dinner. I wanted to try something new and sweet and delish that I haven't made before. It also had to be quick to make, easy to impress and difficult to screw up, after all they are French and we know how particular and picky they can be about their food. So I made apple crumble, with whip cream. It was a crowd pleaser. Either they truly enjoyed it or they were extremely sensitive and polite.

Ever since, I had made quick a bit of crumbles when I entertained. The best so far (according to me!) was my strawberries crumble. The crumble is simply mixing and rubbing together brown sugar, flour, cubed cold butter with hands until it resembles pea-sized bread crumbs. I added rolled oat and crushed walnut for some extra crunch, texture and flavor. Then sprinkle the crumble over the strawberries tossed with flour and brown sugar. Bake them in an oven until the crumble brown and the berries bubble. Serve with whipped cream with vanilla. 

Mouthwatering tasty, yes! Sinfully fat, yes!

But then you
only live once. So, live a little!

Yum yum yum!

No comments: