Monday, August 21, 2006

Walking in the Bush


Waking up early Sunday morning, really early.

This better be good.

I met up with a couple of friends heading out to the fringe of the city for a hike. Half an hour drive later, we were tying our shoelaces and getting ready to hit the trail.


Happily we walked into the bush in the crisp morning air. Shaded by the foliage and surrounded by trees, it was serenity in the air. I absolutely enjoyed being engulfed by these lush of green. There was nothing in my head but happy thoughts. Green is simply so powerfully soothing and relaxing.

We hiked up a small hill then came to start our walk above the canopy. There was a 200m-suspension walkway constructed high above the tree for hikers to enjoy the view of the hills (well, at a cost of 5 bucks). High above the tree, light breeze greeted us with joy, brushing away the sweat and tiredness. The vista of the rolling green hills was amazing. It stretched for miles and miles it seemed. This was my happy place. The city skyline was hazy and distant, as the way it should be, far, far away, along with its noises and heat and stress.

I love walking in the bush.


2 comments:

Hanapatria said...

Great pictures but where is it? Thanks for the comment on my page, but you know I walk every morning too not for any special reason, but just to enjoy walking the trail, I guess.

Boonsky said...

That's the forest research park at the edge of KL. Pretty good network of trail.