Monday, January 22, 2007

Home Alone

My brother and the wife came back from Ho Chi Minh City yesterday afternoon. With that, ends my home alone days, no more walking around the house naked.

I have been dreaming about getting my own place and living it large alone. Naturally I was pretty excited about having the whole place to myself. It’d be a taste of solitude life. It’d be great (and liberating).

But as excited as I was, I had nothing particular planned for it. No big bash, no wild nights, just a few quiet days.

It was indeed uneventful, nothing out of the ordinary, except that I drove to my brother's car work and came back to a dark empty house by myself at night. Everything was normal like any other nights. I made dinner, I watched TV, I surfed the net, I read a little and I went to bed alone. It was pretty sad really: a thirty something, single and ready to mingle guy, who has a place to mingle, has no plan but spending his nights alone. What’s more pathetic, it was the same sort of solitary confinement routine on Friday and Saturday nights! (I feel like killing myself as I’m putting these into words.)

Then I realized that I did not utter a single word in the past few nights. Well there was simply no one to talk to. I was holding up pretty good for the past few nights being silent, but I’m not sure if I’m cut out for it for the long haul. (Well I should have at least called someone to yak through the night.)

On the weekend I did a bit of cleaning in the house. That turned out to be quite a workout itself. I sweat buckets and easily burned off my seafood pasta with cream sauce dinner the night before. I was so beat I skipped my weekend swim even.

Another thing about cleaning the house, the amount of dirt from one sweeping of the place is amazingly huge. My brother is a clean freak and he just cleaned, no he polished the place last weekend. I could account for the hair, but where the heck were those dirt and dust coming from? The rate of accumulation is fast beyond believe.

So that’s the sneak preview of living solo in my bachelor pad a couple years down the road. I did enjoy the peaceful solitude (and walking around the house au naturel) but I think I should start looking for a roommate now, hopefully a smoking hot nudist chic.

No comments: