Sunday, June 03, 2007

Sign

Out and up partying till 4 a.m. this morning. Reminiscing about the last time we were out painting the town red and how ridiculously distant and long ago was that. Looking surprisingly (and admiringly) at the youngsters chucking down bottles of hard liquor like mineral water and gyrating their bodies to the loud pumping music almost effortlessly. Questioning why was I there.

Feeling old…

It’s a sign of old age.

Waking up around noon with a splitting headache and an exploding bladder. Feeling nauseous as my stomach sloshed and mangled, my throat parched and scratchy, my breath reeked of alcohol and nicotine.

Staying in. Recuperating. Recovering. Realizing my body can no longer take such abuses anymore. Promising my self not to abuse my body like that anymore.

Feeling old…

It’s a sign of old age.

But then, surviving last night, perhaps it’s a sign of miracle…

3 comments:

RWBB said...

Heh! Glad to hear you get out and party. You got to blow off steam now and then.

Boonsky said...

Well, I tried. Partying is hardwork.

Unknown said...

I actually had the same feeling as yours.....

It's a sign of old age....@#$%*&$