Sunday, July 29, 2007

Beef Casserole


I have not been cooking beef for a while. So I got myself some lean minced beef and went about making myself a beef casserole. I used to make this a lot during my college days.

Boil a pot of water and cook some pasta according to the instruction. Normally I use fusilli. While that’s cooking, mince a few cloves of garlic, chop a medium size onion, cut a few tomatoes, dice a handful of mushrooms and open a can of green peas.

In a pan, melt a dollop of butter. Brown the garlic, follow by the onion and then the minced beef. Season the beef with freshly ground black pepper and salt and oregano and some pesto sauce. Then add the mushrooms, tomatoes and peas. As the meat dries up, scoop in 4 tablespoon of tomato sauce and pour in some cream. Let it simmer for a bit.

The fusilli should be done. Drain them pasta and set them aside. Get back to the beef, which is ready by then. Talk about perfect timing and coordination. Put the beef into a baking dish, cover them with the pasta and load it into an oven to bake for 10 minutes. Take it out and sprinkle some grated cheese on top.

Chow time!

No comments: