Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Wire Brush

I have dry hair. I always do, as long as I can remember. Dry, and coarse, and hard, and thick. I still recall my family, my mom, my siblings, my aunts and my grandma describing me having wire brush hair when I was a kid.

In fact, I still do.

Truth be told, I tried applying olive oil to my hair, using different shampoos and conditioners on my hair, to soften my mane. But wire brush remained wire brush. That was as far as I would go. So I gave up. I have learned to love and live with my wire brush hair. At least I still have a full head of hair, and still black.

Because of the wire brush, it's almost pointless to style my hair, unless I spend hours lathering up my hair with copious amount of hair gel and wax and whatever form holding hair product. So imagine how ecstatic I was when some hair styling guru came up with this just-roll-out-of-bed-messy hair look. It takes no time in the morning.

But lately my hair is getting drier and coarser, since I arrived in Africa. I have no idea why. Perhaps it's the hard water in Africa, or maybe it's the arid desert air, or possibly the exposure to the dust every time I go outside or very likely the combination of all of the above.

Well, it seems that the wire brush is getting rusty.

No comments: