Saturday, April 16, 2011

My No Name Sandwich

My Arabic class ended at half past eleven this morning. I was hungry and wanted something quick, as I was heading out with friends for some shopping. So I made this sandwich in like dashing 10 minutes.
Two pieces of wholewheat bread toasted in the toaster oven while an egg fried in a pan, seasoned with pepper and Italian mixed herbs. When the toasts ready, a slice was smeared with my anchovies sambal (I made them last weeked), piled up the egg and topped with my caramelized onions and mushrooms (I also made them last weekend).

Lunch's ready, simple with great flavors, the spicy zing from the sambal, sweetness from the onions and savory from the egg packed between two slices of toast.

I'm a genius!

It'd be nice to grate some cheese over the top and then put it back in the toaster oven for a couple minutes to melt the cheese and then serve it up as an open sandwich. Well, I was too hungry and too lazy.

What should I name this little culinary creation of mine?

No comments: