Friday, July 01, 2011

Overheard #18

"Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you are" ~possibly Bill Gates.

I can almost hear Mom reminiscing her adventures in Singapore when she was young, single and ready to mingle. She would be having a grand time betting in the race track, dining and chattering away with her girl friends in coffee house, dancing and clubbing the night away. She was having fun, a time of her life.

Now she had done taking care of us kids, she is taking care of my ailing Dad.

I must appreciate that we may not see eye to eye on most of the things in life. I must appreciate that we are from different generations. I must appreciate that we have different sets of values and outlook.

Most importantly, I must appreciate her.

No comments: