Saturday, September 10, 2011

Who's Looking At Who?

Towards the end of my safari trip in Masai Mara, while looking at the animals roaming freely in the open grassland, taking in the rugged panoramic view of the land, I started to feel like the animals in the zoo. We were being caged in the van through the safari and the game out there was probably looking at us, pretty much like us visiting a zoo looking at the animals in their confinement.

That's why I think I actually enjoy Hell's Gate National Park so much more. I was on my bike, free to roam around, stop wherever and whenever I wanted, admire the animal (though from afar) and experience the vast expense of the open space.
We both are free, the animals and the visitors, sharing the space and doing our own thing. And that was a indescribable feeling. Everything was just great and I just couldn't stop grinning. Even the rain felt good and refreshing as it hit my face on my way out of the park at the end of the day. It did not dampen my feeling a tiny bit.

No comments: