Saturday, May 19, 2007

Homemade Gourmet

Feeling like gourmet for dinner, yet too lazy and more importantly too poor to go out for wine and dine. So I made myself a 2-course dinner.

First chicken strips were marinated with salt, pepper, sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Then smeared some pesto sauce on one side of the meat, sprinkled some finely chopped garlic, put on some herbs, I got fresh thymes, topped it up with a strip of equal length bacon and finally rolled them up and secured with a tooth-pick. I made 4 of them. 20 minutes of baking in the oven and they were ready to be served with drizzle of olive oil and Parmesan cheese.

Oh man, if only you can smell the aroma. The flavors of the pesto and thymes and garlic were infused into the meat while the bacon wrapping around the chicken kept it moist and prevented it from charring.

For dessert I had a couple of scoops ice cream and generous dash of Baileys. Mmm mmm…

Then I realized I forgot to crack open that bottle of Sauvignon Blanc. Damn!

No comments: