Saturday, November 17, 2007

4 O'clock Lunch

It was 3:45 in the afternoon when I walked through the door from my swim. I was so hungry that I could eat a cow. I realized I did not have lunch.

Quickly, shell pasta and broccoli into the boiling water and a link of Italian sausage into the oven. In the meantime, chopped some mushrooms into quarter and crushed a few cloves of garlic. Browned the garlic in olive oil (Oh, I love aroma of garlic!), then sauted the mushroom. Added in ground black pepper, sausage fat, Worchester sauce and generous splashing of white wine (leftovers from Friday night). Paused to take a sniff at fragrance and imagine the mushrooms and garlic soaking up all the flavors. Put in couple spoonfuls of ready-made alfredo sauce (I’m lazy) to reduce the sauce and dumped the pasta and broccoli back in for a quick toss. Finally topped it up with the sliced sausage and Parmesan cheese.

My 4 o’clock pasta lunch, whipped up in 15 minutes, gorged down in 15 seconds.

No comments: