Saturday, November 10, 2007

Ironic

I woke up this morning to a gloomy sky so I ditched my plan of heading out for a hike.

After brewing the whole morning the rain finally came in the afternoon. The clouds rolled in as the wind picking up. The sky turned blackish grey. I was expecting it'd be pouring by the buckets. It did not. It was more of a fine drizzles, misting up from the horizon afar, moving in gently, almost like a ballerina gracefully dancing en pointe.

I made myself a cup of coffee and lazed on the couch reading. The aroma of the coffee lingered in the air, along with the jazzy tunes I put on. It was truly relaxing. Here I was physically confined in the living room but my mind was out there at a happy place far far away. One minute I was gliding freely in the sky and the next I was floating in the blue ocean under the warm sun.

The next minute I found myself waking up from a slumber, crumpling the megazine pages on my chest.

I love these rainy weekend afternoons. I hope there are more to come.

It is strange if not ironic that for an self-proclaimed outdoorsman, like yours truly, to enjoy a rainy afternoon cooping up at home.

No comments: