Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Heaven on Earth

This picture was taken awhile ago during a hike at Bukit Tabur. I have been working and reworking on it for awhile too, cropping, adjusting contrast and saturation, turning it into B&W for more dramatic effect etc. But something is missing, and I can't put my finger on it. I love the piercing rays through the morning mist. The harshness of the light and the softness of the mist, very balancedly blended, very complementary, very ying and yang. The surrounding was calm and quiet yet I was moved tremendously, stirring up such great emotion of awe and admiration. I could not help it but feeling humbled by the quiet greatness of power in the view and the elements.

Looking at it now, it feels like heaven on earth. And my mind is drifting back to the morning when I was crampping in an old rickety bus trodding along the windy bumpy road in the northern mountains in Laos, from Luang Prabang to Vang Vien. Looking out at the view outside the window then, it simply took my breathe away.

I remember telling myself :"This is heaven on earth. If there was such a place as heaven, that would be how the place look like."

No comments: