Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fridge Clearing

Another result of my fridge clearing exercise.

I found stale bread and pork chops in the freezer, chorizo sausage and cheese in the chiller, mushroom and stout in the vegetable compartment (don't ask me how that happened).

So the stale rock hard bread was grated and along with that some pepper and dried herbs were added to make bread crumbs. Then the pork chops were given some bitch slapping and forceful pummeled to flatten and tenderize them. That was good fun, good exercise and good stress reliever. Next a little section of the chirizo and grated cheese were wrapped in the flattened pork chops, rolled them in the bread crumbs until fully covered. That moment I realized that it would be nice if sage was added into the wrap. Sage and pork are the best of mates. Well I forgot to pick up some and it was too late then anyway. Moving along, a quick fry up in olive oil all around and then straight to the preheat oven. As the piggies were enjoying their sauna, I quickly whipped up a mushroom and garlic and stout and cream reduction sauce.

Chow time!

No comments: