Sunday, January 06, 2008

Movie Marathon Saturday Night

Saturday night. First weekend of 2008. Home alone. Quiet.

I just got loads of DVDs from friends, ranging from Hollywood blockbusters to arthouse indies to subtitle flicks. So I thought I give them a go. Saturday night movie marathon!

I put on Sideways. It's a story about 2 middle-aged guys, Jack and Miles, going on a trip to California's wine country before the Jack's wedding. I learnt a bit more about wine, Pinot especially. I felt a bit like Miles, the failing wirter who teaches high school English. Not that I'm a failure, well I hope not, it's just that I haven't achieve much, career-wise, relationship-wise, and well, life-wise. I'm kind of floating around and going nowhere. I'm just frustrated at myself sometimes. I was drinking Chardonnay during the flick, probably it was the wine doing the thinking for me.

It was a bit depressing after Sideways so I took a break movies and turned on the tube. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip was on. It is a drama-comedy, taking place behind the scenes of a fictional live sketch comedy show. It is filled with brilliant and funny lines. I love the character Jordan McDeere, a newly hired president of the fictional network, played by Amanda Peet. She's determined, confident, sexy and full of spunk. Confidence in a woman is sooooooooo sexy. So hot!

Feeling better I then watched The Guardian. Well, it's pretty much the run of the mill Hollywood flick about the US Coast Guard rescue swimmers. Not much brain power required for this somewhat pseudo-dick movie. The story was a little everywhere and slow paced for me. I was kinda' sleepy watching it, I actually made myself a cup of coffee.

The last one sure put me into sleeping mode. I hit the sack straight after. I think it was 3 in the morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why didn't you just go for some chick-flicks???
from the one at 68th.

Unknown said...

I remember last time my uni life in Australia, me and my friend went to the movie marathon in cinema. All the youngsters wearing pajamas and even bringing their pillows to the cinema. Quite funny!

Damn tired the whole night watching movie, until I couldn't tahan and slept in the cinema.....Hehe!

When I woke up, it's already 5am and the movie was still playing!