Thursday, January 10, 2008

Where are the Recycling Depots?

The recycling depot at the mall I do my weekly grocery run was removed. I went online and got a list of the nearby places to drop my recycled stuff. in the blazing heat I set out with a trunk load of milk cartons and plastic bottles and tin cans serching for those places on my list. The air-cond was on full blast as I drove around for a good 30 to 45 minutes, stopped by and asked around, but no one seemed to know those places are located.

I finally found a place, which was just a stone throw from where I live, even closer than the mall. Great, at least all the time and effort spent serching did not go down the drain for nothing.

But then again, with all the single occupancy driving around justnow, the fuel that I burnt, the green house gases that the car spewed out, the damage to the environment would probably far more severe, than that of my recycling could make up for.

I caused more harm to the Earth in my effort to save the Earth. Totally backfired.

How ironic is that?

I should start taking the train to work.

Oh, you too!

No comments: