Sunday, March 06, 2011

Bus Trip to Kep

The sun was up high and blasting. It was hot outside and it was getting hotter inside the bus. The AC wasn't working too well, or not working at all. The heat was seeping into the bus. Stuffy and sweaty, it was going to be a dreadfully long 5-hour ride from Phnom Penh to Kep. So, I was trying to sleep it off, hopefully when I woke up then I'd be in Kep.

In the rickety bus along the bumpy road, I managed to doze off, drifting in and out of the la-la land. It reminded me of my ablation procedure to treat my SVT some years ago, semi-sedated, except the procedure was carried out on a stuffy traveling oven.

The next moment I opened my eyes again, the bus stopped by the road. There were a bit of a commotion outside the bus and a lot of fidgeting inside the bus. Then passengers started to go down to find out what the heck was going on. More followed suit. As it turned out, it was a punctured tyre.

Right, the 5-hour ride will be longer now. I went down to take a leak, smoke a fag, snap a few photos, killing time.

What is a bus ride without a breakdown in the middle of nowhere. No fun!






No comments: