Monday, September 21, 2009

Trinity

In culinary world, the holy trinity refers to chopped bell peppers, celery and onions, widely used as a based in a lot of the Cajun and Creole cooking in Louisiana. The French have their own culinary trinity too, which is the Mirepoix of carrots, celery and onions. For the Italian, the trinity is consist of tomatoes, garlic and basil. In the Orient, scallions, garlic and ginger are the trinity of the Chinese cooking.

In my kitchen, I'm building my own trinity. But I'm running into a bit of a jam. I'm down to the final four. I love the woody and earthy scent of the mushroom, the sweetness of the onions, the powerful fragrance of the garlic and the hot and spicy spike of the pepper.

One more ingredient to be kick off the island, I mean chopping block.

No comments: